Bob Marley

Reggae雷鬼音樂教父-巴布.馬利,一生唱出多少批判、抗議、自由、和平、人權、平等、關懷、真愛、合一…各種「有營養」的內容。雖然Bob Marley只活了36年,從1969出版第一張專輯,到1981回天家,短短12年,留下多少後輩二十年來無法超越的作品。





Bob Marley的信念一向在他的歌當中清楚地表達,只要將他的名曲一字排開,我們就很清楚知道「阿!這是一個信仰堅定的人阿!」



他最有名的歌大概是Get Up, Stand Up(起來,為你的權力奮鬥),蠻「社會主義宣導曲」?;還有I Shot The Sheriff(我射殺警長),隨著超級藍調搖滾巨星Eric Clapton(艾瑞.可萊布頓)的翻唱,這首「為了自衛,射殺官員」的歌成為第三世界軍管國家最討厭的歌之一;No Woman, No Cry 則是「婦女運動研習營」必唱名曲,這首在70年代就讓民權女歌手Joan Baez(瓊.拜耶)百唱不厭,80年代又被德國舞曲天皇Boney M再度唱紅,二十世紀末,超紅節奏藍調團體Fugees(難民營)又翻唱…幾十年來,不斷唱著這個「女人不要哭,女人站起來,凡事會變好(Everything's gonna be all right!)」的勵志故事;



另一首盲人歌手Stevie Wonder史蒂夫.汪達也翻唱過的Redemption Song(贖回之歌,自由之歌),唱著在受苦受難的實況中,要心存盼望……倒要歡喜;因為你們是與基督一同受苦,使你們在他榮耀顯現的時候,也可以歡喜快樂。(彼得前書4:13)



Bob Marley是第一個全球聞名的牙買加藝人,將Reggae這種簡單又熱情的曲調推到全世界,歌詞當中所唱的「牙買加在地日常百姓受苦經驗」,遇到了全世界各地受苦的人民,形成了「全人類受苦聯盟」,「全人類反壓迫聯盟」,成為「歌以載道」的最高指標。



除此之外,Bob Marley還留下許多「教會歌」:Soul Almighty(掌管靈魂的全能主)、Zion Train(錫安火車、前往神的殿)、Adam and Eve(亞當與夏娃)、Go, Tell It on the Mountain(傳統福音民謠,登高告訴全界,耶穌基督出生了)、Corner Stone(房角石)、Judge Not(不要論斷人,免得被論斷。馬太福音7:1)、Give Thanks and Praise(感恩讚美)、Thank You Lord(謝謝你,主)、Hallelujah Time(哈利路亞的時間)、Exodus(出埃及記)…



Bob Marley堅定的信念是來自他深厚的基督信仰!





  • The people, who were trying to make this world worse... are not taking a day off. How can I? Light up the darkness.
  • On stage at "Smile Jamaica" concert, when asked how he could perform when he was shot two days earlier
  • A little wine sometimes. Spirits are bad, alcohol wrong. Herb does grow.
  • Bob Marley isn't my name. I don't even know my name yet.
  • Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold.
  • Every man decide his own destiny.
  • Every man think his burden is the heaviest, who feels it knows it, lord.
  • Football is a whole skill to itself. A whole world. A whole universe to itself. Me love it because you have to be skillful to play it. Freedom! Football is freedom.
  • Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect – and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers… Make sure your hands are clean.
  • Love the life you live, live the life you love.
  • You can cure racism and hate by injecting music and love into people’s lives.
  • Some people say great God come from the sky take away everything and make everybody feel high, but if you know what life is worth, you will look for yours on earth.
  • Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Te'Amo允愛知茗-盛夏的蜜密

日本線香-花風 沉丁花